Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Alice With Another Face In A Tripped Up Wonderland

Harsh lighting and foggy windows/
Owls screech and coyotes prowl/
Streaked panes with dirty fingers/
Stretching for the moon a wold howls.
Full and beautiful, my fingertips burn/
Blowing out a flame in an unmatched dark/
Never seeing what I should, my eyes will learn/
Digging barefeet to catch the last spark.
Trees are calling, falling, being ripped out my the roots/
You may not know what I say now but soon you will understand/
The streetlights are dimming to match the shadows on your face/
Casting my luck I bore fire from my hands.
White dresses drag the floors and the doors creak/
Dusty, broken stairs once led to you/
The photos don't look real anymore, they're from another world/
One with a maze that I can't get through.

We can never really run from what we were meant to be. It's a path that we have to follow through. We may be able to make our own decisions but you can never drown out what is really inside of you. Smothering it would only mean lying to yourself. True nature through time shows itself. People change? Maybe. But sometimes they just really slip up and show you who they really are, the one that they've hidden from you in the dark. Everything is brought to light.

Sometimes it may seem we are Alice in Wonderland. Nothing is as it seems to be. We're dirty, impure, and  our reflections easily streak with truth. Our truth. You may not know what I say now but soon  you will understand. The streetlights are dimming to match the shadows on your face my dear.

Pretending. You can pretend so much that you believe it yourself for a while.Pretend that you are someone else. Pretend that you like something else or that you don't love what you are reaching for every night. Your heart will still always find it's way back to what it was born to love.what it was born to be. And no matter who you are, you're different, you're magical, you're beautiful. Because you are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment