Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, March 22, 2013

In Spite of the Despite

I'm certainly never heard/
Surely never seen/
And hell yes I'm drinking somewhere in between.
We're in the same sick routine/
The same sick plan/
Stuck in the same place of the same sick damned.
Chasing the vodka down/
More than ready to sink in and drown/
We're back to square one/
Spinning in circles, we run and run.
We're so broken and set on replay/
I already know everything you will say/
I sit back and smile despite that we're not through/
But I really want to beat the hell out of you.
I love you, I hate you/
I'm used to you, is it true?
When you can't look me in the eye/
And say you really love me just tell me good-bye.
Hang it up, give it up babe/
Shut the hell up/
I'm as equal to you as a spit on mutt.
This isn't about me/
It's only on you/
I'll just sit here and drink until the whiskey is through.
I'll slur and forget and stumble through life/
It's better than dealing with the shit that you hide/
Look at me, look at me, look at me and lie/
Is this how it is? How you get by?
Snowball effects and sleepless nights/
Will certainly most affectively bring your demons to life/
They'll haunt me, strangle me, and kill me with a sacrificial knife/
Despite...
But inspite of the despite...
I'll die.

No comments:

Post a Comment