Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Middle Of Nowhere

The Middle of Nowhere
Insanity is in the crowd/
Sanity is insane/
The way we run the course/
Routine in our own game.

Lame and lagging/
Dragging your feet/
Until you need me most/
To keep you off your knees.

Avoiding the knives/
And the arrows meant for you/
I defend the defenseless/
And the arrogant too.

Sane is to be insane/
I hate the choices they make/
I hate how you say words/
And the chances you never take.

Lame is to burned/
Hung up at the stake/
Dangling from the tree/
Until every branch breaks.

Daggers in my hand/
The sword at my side/
You repeat stupid things/
Behind a smile you hide.

Sane is to be loved/
And to hide who you are/
Parked under the streelight/
Waiting in your car.

Different is to be burdened/
With the burden of you/
But I can't say I love you/
Or the things that you do.

What am I saying?
Where does it comes from?
It comes from nowhere/
And the things that we run from.

At least for me sometimes I feel as black as the night around me. Sometimes I feel like laying in the sun. Sometimes I wish for rainstorms and sometimes I just want to feel the warm wind around me blowing and weaving in my hair and the dirt under my barefeet. But who can understand that?
Of course everyone wants to be around you when you are in the best of moods. Of course they want to talk and call you their friend. But they really only love a part of me.
Only the ones who love all of me will be there when the world goes black. When the days turn dark and the nights even darker. They will be their when my filter drops and I can't hold back what it really is that I want to say, what I'm scared to say.
Only the ones who love all of me know that it won't last but they won't tell me how  to feel when I'm there either. They will let me stare out of the window and drift into another world. They will quit talking when they know I'm not listening or maybe they will even continue to talk anyway. They will be the ones that I will want with me when I want my time in the sun and fresh air. They will be the ones that I want to smile and laugh with. They will be the ones that I lay out and watch the stars with and try to figure out life with. They will be the ones that I will never have to pretend for. And they are the ones that I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment