Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Whisper and Whine

Whisper and Whine

Stay with me and fight the dark/
Lose your sight and miss your mark/
Tattooed, branded. burned by flame/
Blue, green, and thirsty, the undead game.
Light is dark, dark is light/
Stand to run, I'm wrong you're right/
There's no gray area, no silver line/
It starts with a scream and whispers a whine.
For everyone who ever wanted to stay/
You've run off the track and lost your way/
Hansel and Gretel leave your moonbeams behind/
Scattered with crumbs that you'll never find.
Oh, the holy games as wicked as you/
Passing judgements knowing everything that you do/
You live yours and I'll live mine/
Together we'll leave something far behind.
Because you live in the sun and I in the night/
You block out my stars and I your light/
Dear Hansel, and oh Gretel keep your moonbeams in your pocket/
Keep your sister at your side and my picture in your locket.
Find me when I need you/
Love me while I'm here/
Keep me in your heart/
And cry me in your tears.
I'm light, you're dark, you're dark and light/
Blue is blue and wrong is right/
Twisted, distorted, a grand way to scheme/
To change what's real and what we see.
But for now I'm blue and you are green/
We'll intertwine together as fire unseen/
Fire is fire but the earth is power/
It'll rip down the wires binding this hour.
Screaming and crying, whispers and whines.
Screaming and fighting, whispers and cries.

No comments:

Post a Comment