Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, June 20, 2014

Only Human

I see you through the window pane,
You're something I can never find.
Nothing around here feels the same,
Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm not sure that applies to the human mind,
Change the rapids, change the tide.
Everything happens in perfect time,
We do everything we can,
But I'm only human.

Please, come in from the rain,
It's warmer in here.
Please, just kiss me among the flame,
Because I'm losing to fear.

Was this ever okay?
I can see it through your eyes.
What do you do when there's nothing to say?
I'm starting to think that you were right.

But I'm only human,
I do only what I can.
Time is a state of mind,
 And I don't have the power to change the tide.
Because I'm only human.
I'm only human.

2 comments:

  1. i like this - i think you have potential to become a real song writer.

    ReplyDelete