Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, September 16, 2011

Open page/ Haunted

So I was thinking of opening up certain pages of my many...many notebooks to viewers. I won't tell you how many! Haha! Why you ask? Well, I thought that it would allow others to get to know me better. In these open pages, straight from the pages, without any words altered will be random thoughts, letters I've never given to the people they were meant for (though there will be no names...sry), poems, and other things that no one besides me has ever seen before. I hope that you all enjoy! Feel free to leave feedback. I'll first open up my most recent page.

"Haunted
My heart is in my throat.
I feel it beating fast.
I tightly grab this moment.
And try to make it pass.
My eyes turn upward.
Something tells me never to look back.
I hear you breathing loudly.
Like a train roaring on it's track.
I never did feel fear.
I never have been lost.
Never until now.
It's what being with you cost.
Now I hear the train humming.
It calls me by my name.
It whistles in the night.
Slowly driving me insane.
Oh, here it comes again.
It shakes me to my core.
It never goes away.
And it's always wanting more.
Here I lie awake.
I grin at the wall.
I smile when I cry.
And I laugh as I fall.
Now the rain is falling.
A story with every drop.
It screams out your name.
And it never, ever stops.
The shadow that I cast looks nothing like it should.
I try to turn back the clock but know I never could.
I pace beside my bed.
I rewind the day we met.
Every bad thing that I said.
Every moment that came and went.
There are bruises on my knees.
They are scraped, forever scarred.
From the times that I prayed.
From the times I've fallen hard.
So my heart is in my throat.
I feel it beating fast.
The memory of you haunts.
This feeling will never pass."

Everybody has been there I'm sure, and those who haven't will with time. Time has a funny effect on people. Sometimes you want to slow it down, or speed it up, but always...always...it goes at it's own pace. That's one thing you can rely on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jessie you are truely gifted....this is really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u very much cynthia:) it came to me lying in bed and I had to write it down. Lol

    ReplyDelete