Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Honeysuckle and Dew

Decayed leaves from a twisted tree,
Tethered to the ground and as bent as me.
Freedom is here but it doesn't come cheap,
Pay the price for your keep.
Ashes are scattered and carried by the wind,
The realization that some things just won't mend.
Broken hearts bleed red, perfect and neat,
Just as perfect as the leaves bleeding black under my feet.
Grey skies and ice is spitting,
Oh, I can count the storm from where I'm sitting.
A hundred feet away, a thousand years ago,
Under a million Rose petals on top of the snow.
Cracks are in the ceiling forming strange shapes,
Casting odd shadows the longer I wait.
Ravens burst out from a nearby limb,
They'll be back though I'll never know when.
The blackberry bushes are dead and crackled,
Our feelings for what it's worth is well trained and shackled.
What is an illusion?
What's classified as a lie?
The smile I fake or the secrets you hide?
I remember this place with Honeysuckle and dew,
It smelled so sweet and was as untamable as you.
I remember the fireflies, bats soaring high,
We remember the magic before there were lies.
So let us make a deal now?
You remember me and I will remember you,
We'll recall together the Honeysuckle and the dew.
Because now decayed leaves scatter the ground,
In the same spot where we're starstruck and bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment