Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dreams

Dreams? Things that have happened. Things that could have been that never will be. Real or not real? A vision or hallucination? A memory or false hopes of what you wanted it to be like? It all becomes a blur and blends perfectly and serenly into your own version of what reality is.

I've had dreams of my own. I dream we meet in coversation about everything warm there is to talk about. Never about anything that has happened and we never mention the future. It's simply present and I like it. It's preferable to time, because it ticks and passes and is much too forceful. You and me. Green hills and thick woods, pathed with wildflowers and roses. That's where I'll find you and you can find me.

Dreams of rough waters and beasts. Twisting grey and purple skies writhing in pain. Torrents and rapids, dark choppy waves and freezy cold. A white dress becomes drenched and streamed with red. It floats around me, becomes my own, my pale skin shivers and my hands tremble. For what? Fear? Hope? Something or someone that may never ever come?

The dreams will never end for you or for me. And who would want them to? Fearful or brilliant it is ours and it takes us to places that we will never be. We will never see it with our eyes, only our imagination. Only in our memories or were they dreams?

I had a dream.
It seemed more like memories.
They took me back to the very beginning.
There was you and there was me, sitting in the grass by that old tree.
They flashed to the scene of the road that we used to walk.
And then on the side of the bridge where we used to talk.
Our legs dangling over the ledge.
You’re smile always kept me on the edge.
I never understood what exactly love was.
I never understood until you taught me what it does.
Your eyes made a path for me at night.
I knew I wouldn’t get lost, you shined so bright.
Your heart was like a lantern I held in my hand.
Your arms a warm place that I could land.
My own heart beat like the music of a drum.
You’d follow the sound for a safe place to run.
When enemies pressed in I never got scared.
Because no matter where I’d turn you would always be there.
I never thought it would end.
I never thought it could.
I imagined it would be exactly the way it should.
The next thing I know we’re standing on a hill.
The trees were blowing, everything else was still.
For some reason I knew this is where we would part.
I couldn’t rewind it, change it, or restart.
You left me a final kiss and one backwards glance.
The light quickly faded, there was no second chance.
Everything turned dark and eerie shades of gray.
I was scared I was lost and would never see day.
My heart barely beat, I couldn’t hear the sound.
When at one time it pumped strong, and loud.
The lantern in my hand faded to dim and my coal black dress blew in the wind.
A storm was approaching, lightning struck the sky.
Time stood still while the world flew by.
I woke up gasping as for my last breath.
And realized you were only a dream to begin with.
You are my dream I count on to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment