Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tomorrow Hopes

Today I saw you on the street.
This big wide world and we still meet.
I said "Hey, how you been?"
We sit and talk for a while.
In a diner, I've missed your smile.
You seem to be ok.

Yesterday wasn't good enough.
Next week holds way too much.
Today all we do is cope.
But tomorrow, tomorrow hopes.

We talk of weather, coffee, and old times.
We never say what's really on our mind.
It comes around burning in our heads.
Where's are guard? We should see a wall.
But instead our defenses fall.
A ghost of mistakes we can't take back.

Tomorrow hopes you're here with me.
Tomorrow hopes you'll never leave.
Tomorrow hopes we both shine.
And tomorrow hopes I'll call you mine.

Tomorrow Hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment