Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Monday, June 9, 2014

Starlight Might Kiss Me

I was thinkin that I might drown,
If I don't get these feet on the ground.
You  know those dreams,
With the bad disposition?
All the searchin and all the missin you?
Well, I do too.

This holy ground is sinking in,
And I'm so lost in sin.
I gravitate to pills and whiskey,
Hoping someday that starlight might kiss me.
Starlight might kiss me.

I suck in the moonbeams,
Breathe out the sun.
I don't believe in my own shit that I've done.
I've claimed it in darkness.
Spoke it to life.
Turned around and thought that it'd all be alright.

All the pretty faces and sweet perfume,
Permeate every single room.
Oh, Oh...
Cheap guitars and shaking hands,
Still don't change a thing about who I am.

I was thinking that I might drown,
If I don't get these feet back on holy ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment