Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, October 26, 2012

In Our Eyes

He had those shining blue eyes and I had just a reason to stay. I'd never imagined it would all go away. I smile when I remember you, before I remember that you're gone. What a sad, tragic, ending to a love. What a sad, tragic ending to a love. It's never been told, though you've heard it before. It echoes in nightmares, the ending of dreams. You've heard it in water, drowning fast now, getting stronger. A story untold. A story best known, in our eyes. There's only beeping machines and a silent t.v. All these ghosts look like you and me. What the hell do I do with what's left now? Worn out t-shirts I've seen a hundred times. Telling everyone that I'll be just fine. But I won't. But I won't. I see you in conversation about anything but how you feel. Lips warm, eyes bright, looking the way you did that starry night. We speak again but not about what's really been. Because we're breaking . Oh, because we've both lost too much. I wake up but you're not there. I try to sleep so you'll reappear. 'Cause your favorite sweater still hangs on the back of my chair, even now. After all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment