Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

For mama:) Bette Davis Eyes (Cover)

From the time I can remember my life and family has been centered around writing and music. The love for music started at a very young age. And between my mother and grandma I knew of a very wide range of music from all different decades and genres. From swing, to big band, then we have folk, and blues, all the way to 60's and 70's classics, to 80's rock. Then when I was a teenager I introduced myself to the music from today that I have also come to love. This song specifically is for my mother Robin. Bette Davis Eyes was introduced to me as a young teen and it instantly became one of my favorite songs. Mind you that I am no Kim Carnes, and also mind you that this was done in one take and I had only learned it a few days ago. So here's to music, here's to the classics that have made it all the way to today's era, and all the music that has survived generations through the times and changes of society and life. Here's to the parents that teach such a range of music. Here's to head banging in the backseat when you're a baby. Here's to niave teenage parents that had their babies, loved them and have made it despite of mistakes. Things that a parent instills in their children survive, grow, flourish, and make it with them through their life and into adulthood. These precious things are then passed on to their children who will hopefully embrace them and turn them into cherished memories.  Here's to you mama...<3

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry baby girl,thank you! That is the most awesome words I have ever heard besides you are forgiven :)

    ReplyDelete