Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, October 19, 2012

Abyss

The abyss is deep, black, ever flowing,
Fearful, empty, never knowing.
Step off the edge,
Free fall through,
Thick, dark clouds,
Are swallowing you.
Consumed with burning,
Counting mistakes,
Tally up the flaws,
Everything is at stake.
I've been shoved,
I've been beat,
It was stupid to wait,
I would tell you that I miss you,
But it's too late.
I've stood in the rain,
I've drank in the night,
I have paid my fair share,
I have never been right.
I love you more, and more today,
I  love you now,
I loved you yesterday.
My chest feels tight,
My heart is in my throat,
Only memories left,
And pathetic, empty notes.
You are intruding,
Breaking my defense,
Devouring my dreams,
Now nothing makes sense.
The abyss equals crazy.
Do you wonder if I am?
I'm still free falling,
As fast as I can.
All in my mind,
Still on the edge,
Dreamed in a vision,
I've tip toed the ledge.
I am not a bird,
I am not a hero,
My sword in not here,
The blood count is zero.
I am not a bird.
But I have one broken wing,
I write what I know,
I write what I sing.
I put my arms down,
And take a step back,
Leaving the ledge where it is,
Compassion is what it lacks.
I breathe in the night,
And release a few tears,
You are not in the abyss,
In fact, you still reside here.

No comments:

Post a Comment