Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dear John; You're my song

Dear John,
You see the stars in a different light then mine.
You don't think the moon can possibly shine more then now.
You search for the milky way, then turn to me and say,
"Hey, by the way you're so pretty tonight."
And I say, "What a beautiful lie."
And you know me better then anyone,
You make me tick, so hypnotic,
And when the crickets sing,
I love you more then anything,
You're my song.
You're my song.
You stay up late, just to see if I'm okay,
And I don't really think it gets any better then now,
Nothing is quite perfect,
But it feels like it is when you say,
"Hey, by the way, you're beautiful tonight."
And I feel alright.
Lead me down the moonlit path,
With the lamp and stars we'll find our way back,
It's never completely dark,
When you hold my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment