Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fearless

Okay folks! Todays topic? Being Fearless, or becoming fearless. Whichever you choose:)
First off I want to start off clarifying something though. Yes, in My Dearest Rose Jason and Iris fell in love quickly. For those who think that it's impossible has never been in love. You don't have to work on it. I know this because it had happened to me...twice.
The only two times I have ever been in love, I knew instantly that I couldn't be without this guy. The first boy that had introduced me to this strange, untamed feeling no longer exists anywhere but my memory and heart. The second I had met, we were together in two weeks, and married in four months. Yeah, yeah...I've already had those looks. The "Wow! That's fast! They'll never make it!" looks, but over seven years and two children later we're still here and he in my eyes is still the same guy that saved the life, and what was left of the heart of a reckless 17 year old girl back in February of 05. One of the toughest times in my life. So, that my friends, is exactly why I had to put in Iris and Jason's immediate love for one another. Impossible connection. Because it is possible. Because it happens. Especially when two souls are meant to save one another.

Now Fearless. There is a quote that I have always remembered ever since I had first read it, and believe it or not, has at many times kept my spark of hope and dreams going. Taylor Swift (whom I love!) had said quite around "Fearless isn't being in the absence of fear. It is being able to do things in the midst of it. It's being  able to do the things that scare you the most. That is fearless." Thus giving her the title of her second album.

I completely believe that with all of my heart. Simply because if being fearless meant you were not scared of anything  then you are not human. Every one has a fear. Most unspoken. But it's still there. So...with this being said...this little quote has kept me writing and putting myself out there. It helped get me up on stage that first time with my guitar. It has helped me meet new people and make new friends. It has inspired me. And now it makes me want to fly. (In a plane I mean.) Yes, I am terrified. I have never been on a plane, but I have a strong feeling that one day I will board one and make it through, whether it be with this quote or sedatives:)

But more importantly who is it in your life that makes you feel fearless? Who is it that keeps you going and your belief that one day all of this will mean something? If you have that someone, I'm happy. More then happy, proud! It's a fantastic thing to have that person in your life. One that encourages you instead of drowns you. If you don't, keep searching. You will find him/her. And when you do you will know, because just like with Jason and Iris it is instant. Just like with me, it is a fire that cannot be controlled. It comes on quick, leaves your head spinning and sometimes heart aching. Find that person and make them yours. Be, in every aspect of the word, fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment