Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Poison


A while back my sister and I had started this challenge. I was kind of skimming across some of the things that I had written during this. I never finished the challenge, but wouldn't mind starting it back up:) So here is another open page from one of my journals. It's called Poison. Enjoy!
 
Poison
I saw it creeping up like a train losing track.
And when it came upon me there was no looking back.
Some people called me crazy and maybe I was.
It did'nt turn out how I imagined, it rarely ever does.
I was tricked just like with the apple killing Snow White.
I was locked in the darkness.
I never saw light.

The poison dripped slowly on my lips.
It was tasted with my tongue, seemingly hard to resist.
You know I never suspected it.
We were a tragedy in the making.
Now I'm Sleeping Beauty in the middle of her waking.

You know that poisoned apple was such a beautiful sight.
And as I grabbed on I did'nt know you were as dark and cold as night.
You used to shine so bright, but I watched your stardust fade.
And in my golden glass tomb you left me to lay.
And so I continued to lay, waiting for my prince.
The beautiful, enchanted hero that would give me my one second chance.

The poison felt like fire burning through my veins.
And part of me was scared that I'd never be the same.
But as soon as my heros lips touched mine, the fire ceased to burn and I opened up my eyes.
The darkness around faded fast, and all the pretty lights were brightly shining at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment