Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Perfection pressure

I was thinking earlier of some people around me. Some people that I know or had known, people that are or were different in so many ways. Then I took these people and limited it down to two different catagories of people. People who have the mind conception that they are perfect and then there are those who admit their faults. Yes, God made you unique. There is only one of you and on this entire earth with all the people that have been here and all the ones that will be here in the future, there still will be only one of you. Unique does not mean perfect. You can take that as you'd like and you make yourself out to be whatever you want to be. You can choose to be forgotten, or remembered. You can choose to be selfish, or you can give the very shirt off of your back. You can choose to degrade and be mean to people, or you can choose to treat others with the respect that everyone deserves. You can gossip behind others' back, take pictures of them at their worst,point out their flaws, and laugh, or you can be beautiful and love them for who they are. After all it's not our place to judge. With all of this said I will say one more thing. There is no perfection, don't strive for it. You will never meet it. You will come out disappointed and stressed in the end. The best that you can do is do your best, speak your best, act your best, and love with all you have in you. And always, always give without expecting anything back. So I guess I fall into the latter of the two types of people. I will not say I'm perfect. I am not flawless. I am human.

Who am I?
I can't keep my hair one color (not sure if it's from boredom or an identity crisis, I go with boredom)
I can't paint my nails because I chew them, but when I do I prefer black nail polish
My hair seems to stay a tangled mess
I can't tell people how I truely feel sometimes because I'm scared
I'm stubborn to a fault
I don't like shoes
Sometimes I fear my dreams will only stay dreams
I wonder sometimes if the people that I love so much my heart breaks will ever really know how much I love them
I'm scared of a loss of imagination
One thing that I don't want to be is cynical
I want to be seen
I want to shine
I'm haunted
I want God to know that I love him
I could list more but I'm not sure anyone has the time for that.

 Perfection is a myth. What catagory do you fall into?


No comments:

Post a Comment