Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free Spirit

I've been thinking a lot about freedom lately and how it would feel to go where you wish, when you wish, with just enough money in your pocket to get you by. How would it feel to run free and wild through the woods barefoot and dirty? How does it feel to swim with the ocean tide and leave your footprints in the sand? What would it be like to fly like a bird, going as high as you want, with no one telling you any direction or which way that you're supposed to go?
So many people have the beautiful chance to live as free as a bird, or wolf. They can come and go like the ocean tide. These few people are called lucky.
So many times have I felt like running, hair undone, or swimming so deep that surely there could be no way of return. So many times have I felt like I wanted to fly to the top of the highest tree, or to pack up whats important, leave the rest, and go wherever the road wishes to take me. And you know what? I will. Only I can make the decision to do so just like every single one of us have control over our own destiny. That is why God gave us choices.
So here's to all the free spirits. We're one in the same.

Free Spirit, walk that extra mile.
Free Spirit, open doors with just your smile.
Free Spirit, You'll never be happy in your comfort zone.
Free Spirit, I know you feel the world is your home.
The sun rise just means another journey.
The dark skies too and embers burning.
Free Spirit, tear your heart right out of your chest.
Free Spirit, pick up the pieces and leave all the rest.
Free Spirit, mark each beach with a footprint in the sand.
Free Spirit, carve your name upon the land.
You run like a wolf free in the night.
The spirit of a bird, wings burning bright.
Free Spirit, a gypsy in a world where faces are the same.
Free Spirit, even if you wanted to you could never change.
To find you I'll follow your flame of desire.
One day you'll set the world we know on fire.
Free Spirit, I bleed you out everyday.
Free Spirit, I can't verbalize all I'd like to say.
Free Spirit, leave your fingerprint on the stars.
Free Spirit, you've flown away and yet you're never far.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment