Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sparks

I've come to realize that sometimes when faced with certain situations you just want to give up. To keep going you have to dig through the embers of what is left and find a tiny spark of what used to be. When you find that spark you know that there is still life and fire behind you, behind all you hope for, and all you wish so hard to become. Just like a fire without that spark you will be defeated and what you love will die. Whether it be something that you are passionate about, something that you're good at, an idea, a road you are set upon to travel, or even just you in general you have to stand your ground, overcome all, perservere like the wolF, and come out a champion.
Face your back to the wind, let it carry you down the path that you have chosen. Be leary of turning back and running to saftey, because sometimes uncharted, untamed territory is where you are supposed to be. The safe things and feelings that you are accustomed and have come to know and rely upon may not be the best bet, and it can be your greatest fear disguised, especially if what you fear is simply going nowhere, never having a chance to shine, or having your light extinguished and suffocated out. Take a chance, spread the wings that you didn't even realize that you had, inhale, breathe out, jump off that cliff and go in headfirst, fearless in every aspect of the word. It's the only way that I choose to live. What will come out of comfortable, safe decisions? Regret, what if, I should have, and I wish I could haves. When I look back upon my life at eighty years old I want to be able to look back knowing that I gave it my best shot, and I want to be able to say 'Hey, I did that!'

No comments:

Post a Comment