Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Monday, June 3, 2013

Mockingbird (a song written by me and my little Jewel)

Mockingbird

Mockingbird sing me a little song/
Make it seem right in the midst of all the wrong.
Mockingbird sing me another song/
Sing it high into the sky all the day long.
Dear Mockingbird, tell me, won't you tell me a joke/
Tell it to the one whose heart is broke.
Dear Mockingbird, Oh please, don't you dare/
Don't tell anyone that you saw me here.

Because I came here on my own accord/
They warned me of you but I got bored.
They all said that you'd talk to me/
But that you'd tell lies and make me believe.
Mockingbird, I need some advice/
Instead of a flip of a coin and a roll of the dice.
Mockingbird please teach me to sing/
Mockingbird, send me some wings.
Send me some wings.

Mockingbird, I see nothing wrong with you/
But talk is talk and it's so damn cheap too.
Mockingbird, please make me smile/
He took it when he left back some while.
Oh dear Mockingbird, let's keep us a secret.
Don't tell anyone that we've ever met.

Mockingbird, please sing me to sleep/
When my eyes close, keep me under your wings.

It's funny, yesterday my daughter and I were doing some yard work, shoveling some dirt outside when I saw a big bird just flying right across the sky. And the woods were filled with birds just singing little songs to eachother. So this song came to mind and I just started singing it, putting it together. And then Jewel (my four year old daughter) jumped in and started singing it, so we went upstairs and I picked up my guitar and we made ourselves a little song. So this one has a nice memory my friends. I hope you like it. Maybe soon Jewel and I will sing it and post for you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment