Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We Were Something More (A short story)



This is a story told from both views. The view of a girl and the boy who loved her. The view of both of their worlds as they collided together. This is a story of a night where they were something more. Because really...we all have had that night. Where we were all something more...for just a moment in time. And for that time we were at our strongest. And oh, how we shined.

We Were Something More

It's never been told this way before. Never from this view. The wind blew through her hair, tangling it, but she didn't flinch. She didn't pull it back. She simply didn't care.
I clearly remember her hand out the window. She was reaching for the sunset. She was reaching for what she could never touch. And I will never forget the light reflecting off of her eyes or the realization that she was mine. For the first and last time. Mine.

A story being told is still always a different story from different angles. But it doesn't matter which angle it is or where it's derived from, it will never change the way that he looked at me. It will never change my reflection in his wide eyes and, oh, how they were on fire!
In fact we set the world on fire that night. Our world. The one that we've come to know as ours at least. It was red and blazing as we laid out on the hood of the old polished up black car, staring out at the moonlight on the water. I only remember one song on the radio though many were playing, and that was because it was one of my favorites.
I couldn't think of anything but him and how he felt so close. I still remember his smell. And he consumed me. Every inch, every fiber. And the consumption altered me. And when I was altered I grew brighter and brighter. And the brighter I grew the more radiant I became. The stronger I became. And I need that strength. for the day we let each other down.

But that night...
That night...
We were something...
More...

For the first and last time...
He...
She...
Was mine.

And we were the best that we could ever dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment