Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hindsight

In a previous entry I had wrote about changing, the unchanged, and being yourself. I still stay true to that. I was also thinking yesterday about seeing things from another persons perspective though, a hindsight kind of view.
So many judge those who "change." They say the other person isn't being who they really are. Well this may be true, but I was thinking instead of judging maybe we should try to understand instead, because maybe you have changed in some way too?
After all living in a world of constant change it has to be tough to not change with it sometimes. No matter how strong you are and how true to yourself you are there has to be something that gets to you and you find yourself thinking "I wish I could do that, or be like that."
We all wish we could stay the same and some people that we trusted the most change so drastically on us, making us feel left behind, on the outside (which is where I have been most of my life.) The feeling is terrible and the result is lonliness.
Maybe some people are drastic and extreme on all sides, and maybe there's no way you could really ever keep up. But you could judge who others are or how they're not the same or you could take a step back, keep yourself in check, and wonder if the same has happened to you along the way. In a fast paced world can we ever stay the same? I'd like to say we could. I guess the truth is though, is that only the strong will stand. So now I'll ask myself a question. Am I strong?

No comments:

Post a Comment