Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Love, Me

I was angry when my heart broke.
I was angry that I had let it get that way.
I was angry with myself that it had ended so unfulfilled.
So unplanned.
So completely and hopelessly mixed up.
So tragic.
Such a beautiful life.
I've heard theories that life can be made so uncomplicated.
If you miss someone, call or say good-bye.
But sometimes there's only beeping machines and pumps.
The sound of them gives hope and then the silence kills it.
The sound remains with you, never letting you go.
A constant haunt, a constant echo.
It smothers you.
And then I met him and I felt guilty.
But it also felt fated, destined.
But my heart was still broke.
I was so angry that I was torn.
I was angry that I would never get over you.
I was angry that there was such a punishable void.
There was always a nightmare of your touch, your face.
Sometimes memories are what you really have to be afraid of.
But you wait every night with open arms for your nightmare.
You embrace it.
After you wait anxiously for the screams.
The heartbeat.
The tears.
But he understood.
And you know why?
He understood why I was broke because he was broken too.
So then, we had two broken people piecing each other together.
Collecting shards of anothers heart and healing it the only way that we knew how.
His nightmares were mine, and mine his.
We kept looking for you and talking to you with no response.
No sight.
We were blind in ways that we could actually see clearer.
And then...
It was just me and him with the shadow of you.
We're still together.
We'r still here and we're still okay.
We made it.
We rarely speak of the ghost that haunts us.
But more importantly we both know that one day we will have a story to tell.
Once upon a time...
In a far away land,
There lived a beautiful boy who changed others lives so greatly.
Lives that he never knew,
Never even thought that he could change.
Once upon a time...
There was a chain reaction.
A sequence of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment