Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You and Me

Cold outside the window.
Bitter November air.
All the trees are bare.
Opinions came from everywhere, but little did I care.
The choice wasn't theirs.
Right now I stare at the wall.
Right now you'd be opening the car door making a comment on how I'm bored.

And in this life we all get lost in it.
Everything seems harder then it should be.
When the tide rolls in it's sink or swim and at times it gets a little hard to breathe.
But in the end you'll see it's just you and me.

The lines were always breakable.
The hearts fragile to the touch.
The sun shined bright on my face.
It was such a beautiful, beautiful day.
I wish I'd worn white.
You in your gray t-shirt.
The stars aligned just right.

Six years came and went.
Hardly anytime I spent without you.
 I love your interuptions and how you say my name.
And how you hate cold rain.
And I still love your smile and how you pull me in to dance...
And I love your imperfections and how you expect me to read your mind.
Just an open letter.
A little song just for you.

The tide rolls in.
It's sink or swim.
And at times it gets a little hard to breathe.
but in the end you'll see we're still just...
You and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment