Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, April 4, 2014

Strands Of Sparks

I never saw, never saw it coming.
Braids in my hair,
Flowers if you dare.
We're a pretty train wreck explosion.
And we're sick of games,
Standing up in flames.
They're greedy for riches and the throne.
Magic and dust, lucky us,
Here we are all alone.

And we go down.
On fire.
Hanging onto barbed wire.
Holding hands,
See the lovely strands of sparks,
Slowly igniting my heart.

Cruelty and arrows have done it, done us in.
We've tried our bravery,
Seen a lot lately.
We've smiled more in fear.
And we're in the games,
Standing among the flames.
Killing the riches and the throne.
A trail of blood, lucky us,
We're all alone.

I never saw, never saw it coming,
I'm waiting my turn in line.
Cautious plays, a million trades,
Shooting arrows, let them fly.
Let them fly.

We've smiled more in fear.
And we're in the games,
Among the flames.
Killing riches and the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment