Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Monday, April 7, 2014

Newfound Grace

First off, you've taught me all of the best things. All of the things that matter the most. You have made my hours seem like minutes, and sometimes my seconds feel like days. But in the end it's all a blur.

It's been good. It's been daring. It's been the ride of a lifetime, but it's been ours. We've lived times with passion and filled to the brim with love. And I am so very lucky to love you and in return be loved by you, my dear.

Darling, we have never looked down, or feared, or doubted. We have never looked back to see how far we have come. We only know what it's like to move ahead. Ahead towards future dances, and kisses, and 'I love you's'. We reach for moonlight, stardust, and pure untouched magic. And we should do this.

We should dance. We owe it to ourselves and each other and our very own heart beats. We owe it to the long nights and even shorter sunny days. We owe it to a thousand days past and a million more to come.

You are so good. So true. So precious.

You still have a bright, undying, unfading fire courses that through your veins and burns in your very bones. And I love that so much about you. You still believe in everything that this world has to offer and my hopes are that it gives you everything that you have ever wanted or dreamed of.

You don't know yet about distance and breaking down. You don't know about destruction and what it feels like to have to try to fix everything. And it's so lovely seeing that reflect in your beautiful eyes. There is something so magical and golden about it.

And finally, just know that you are my home. You are my logic. You are my miracle and my fairytale. You are my knight and my damsel. You are my dragons and crystals. You are my magic. And you, darling, are my newfound grace.

So let's sing loudly. Let's play even when we're not supposed to. Let's laugh and talk and maybe even scream. Let's dance all night instead of sleeping. Let's dream while we're awake. Let's just simply be.

Just for now. And just until the end of all time. And maybe even afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment