Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Saturday, January 4, 2014

So if you want to know me...

Hi! I don't how long you have known me or have been reading my work. It could be three years or maybe you just stumbled across this page yesterday. Maybe it's even your first time! And it occurred to me yesterday that maybe you don't really know me. Maybe you know me in some ways, the way I feel, or my perceptions on life. But me personally? No. And that just won't do. So if you are interested and if you want to know me...

My name is Jessie! Not Jessica. Just Jessie. People closest to me call me Jess. I am author of The Dreamcatchers Saga, but write about just about anything as well. Especially songs!

My magical, lucky number is 21. In fact, I have it tattooed on my hand I love it so much. I was raised in a very small Indiana town, right next to an even smaller Indiana town. Nashville. Not Tennessee of course. Nashville is a lovely artistic land full of treasures and magic! It houses only about 800 souls, give or take, and everyone is friendly. Sometimes on nice, bright days (and even on colder ones) you can find some of us (including me) singing and playing around with our instruments in coffee shops and on street corners. And first come first serve with the corners. Everyone knows it and everyone is okay with it, though I'm sure we all hurry for the best spots! :)

I love to dress like I'm from another time, or world. It's all how you look at it. I'm a natural blonde and wish I had wavy hair, but God graced me with straight, though sometimes I get really excited on humid or rainy days because then it does wave on it's own. Not to mention that I love the rain! And I may as well go ahead and say that I don't wear much make-up. I really just don't like it. I hardly paint my nails because I chew on them too much, and I don't like anything to match except maybe sometimes my clothes.

I'm only five feet tall and weigh in at 110 but I love to shoot and like the feeling of arrows flying from my bow. I started archery a couple of years ago and have finally aimed straight enough to make it to the kill zone every time. My perfect day would be in the woods surrounded by trees. I like to climb.

I also love old things. Anything used or antique! Even if it will never be worth anything. Like old patchwork quilts! Sentimental value has always meant more to me.

I'm 26 and wife, Mommy, singer, and writer. I do absolutely anything to instill my children with the belief in themselves and the unseen. The unseen is sometimes more real than our reality and I want them to know they can do anything in their life as long as they want it bad enough. It could be slaying dragons or becoming a vet. Whatever they dream!

Music and writing has always been astonishing to me! Sometimes I'll hear a song or read and book and be like "I wish I had wrote that!" That's how I know it has hit home. I've connected with it in a special way.

I read just about anything and love to know all I can about medicinal herbs and maybe would one day love to start an apothecary shop.

I love to meet people, go places, do things, and learn new things. My mind is constantly going all the time. Maybe one day I'll meet you!

Until then I hope you know more about me. I hope you know that I'm sincere, and honest. I hope you now see me as human, instead of seeing me as just another voice on the internet. And I hope you know how much I appreciate the fans that I have. And I hope that you to find commonalities with me and I with you! Like maybe a deep love for dreamcatchers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment