Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, November 22, 2013

Favorite

I'm doing a little something different for everyone! This is for those who love the beauty in words as much as I do. For those who think human beings can create magic through writing. And for all of those who's very own being was changed with the whisperings and reading of a sentence or two. This is for all of my fellow readers and writers alike. This is for the lover of black and white, ink stains, long nights, silence, withheld words, and simple beauty in the things that we can create from truth, no matter how hard it is.

Here is a list of my top 20 quotes. Note that there is so much writing out there that I love so very much, that it was hard to pick just 20. So the following just so happens to be the ones that popped out at me first. The quotes below are taken from Wuthering Heights, The Hunger Games Trilogy, The Divergent Trilogy, the Fallen books, and from Shakespeare, and Edgar Allan Poe:)Not even close to the books I have, but the first ones that I grabbed.

1) "For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams of the beautiful Annabel Lee; And the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes of the beautiful Annabel Lee; And, so, all the night tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride..."

2) "What am I? What do I need to overcome my fears? I know the answer, of course I do: I need to deny them the power to control me. I need to know that I am stronger than they are."

3)"Take away someone's fear, or low intelligence, or dishonesty... and you take away their compassion. Take away someone's aggression and you take away their motivation or their ability to assert themselves. Take away their selfishness and you take away their sense of self-preservation."

4)"I am too strong to break so easily, and I become better, sharper, every time I touch him."

5) "Be brave."

6)"Becoming fearless is not the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it, that's the point."

7) "Would he find her? Without question. Would he save her? Always."

8) "The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand."

9) "The only thing stronger than fear is hope."

10) "Fire is catching, if we burn, you burn with us."

11) "We believe in facing our fears, no matter the cost  to our comfort, or happiness, or even our sanity."

12) "He's more myself than I am, whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

13) "Fire burns brighter in the darkness."

14) "We believe in freedom from fear, in denying fear the power to influence our decisions."

15) "May my heart be ever at your service."

16) "Are you, are you coming to the tree? Where a necklace of rope side my side with me? Stranger things have happened, no stranger would it be, if we met up at the hanging tree."

17) "I suppose a fire that bright is not meant to last."

18) "There are so many ways to be brave in this world... sometimes it's no more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of everyday, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now."

19) "I have not broken your heart- you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."

20) "Be with me always- take any form- drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Thanks you guys! If you want and have some time, let's talk literature! What are some of your favorite books and quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment