Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Monday, August 15, 2011

The short story of Smokey and Bandit

Once upon a time, there were two racoons Smokey and Bandit. Smokey and Bandit were the cutest furry little things, but they had one bad habit! Tearing out trash. I know! No one likes it! Well, Smokey and Bandit were used to getting shooed away, maybe even threatened. Maybe a time or two a dog was released on them. Who knows? It happens occasionally. All of this ended one fateful night they found a little tan house off in the middle of the woods.
One night Smokey and Bandit snuck to this house when all the lights were out and rummaged through and just tore out all the trash in search of whatever reminants of food that they could find. They cringed with every howl in the night or rustle in the leaves never knowing if they were going to be attacked and ran off again. Amazingly enough, they walked away that night with full bellies and unharmed.....

Okay, so I'm sure that you've caught onto the little tan house being the one that I live in. It was me that had to clean up all the trash that they had left on the porch and you can imagine my excitement while doing it! Yeah...there was none. I could never harm a little hair on a racoons body though ( I used to own one, cute little Chatters) and for some reason our lab, Mackey, were just amazed by them and found no reason to attack. So night after night they would tear out the trash and morning after morning I was cleaning it up. I hatched a plan! As that plan was born so was a new comfortable relationship between me, Smokey, and Bandit. Now I leave food out for them and they won't tear the trash out! The end of my trash picking up days! They even let me and Mackey sit by the door and watch as they sort through the leftover food and lick their little hands off.
Some people, like my grandma, thinks that I'm crazy. I kind of like the deal that we've made and how it feels to be Snow White. They have even spread the word and has brought another little friend, a possum, that I took upon myself to name Orbit! Now since they are wild I would never try to touch them. I do like all of my fingers! They are very cute watching through glass though. The point of this story? Co exsist. And everyone lives happily ever after! The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment