Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ghosts of the Past

Please, tame your breath,
It's time for rest,
The world has stopped,
Your fears are locked,
We've seen it all,
Behind closed doors,
We all fall short,
My wounds are yours.

The time is not real,
Though the clock ticks fast,
Not all of us will heal,
We'll be just ghosts of the past.
We'll just be ghosts of the past.

Please, slow your heart,
The war is at start,
They hear our whispers,
We watch all of the glitter...fade.
We've seen it all,
We've shot, we've crawled,
We've bled, we've wept,
I've watched while you slept.

Solidify this reality,
The lines have blurred with fantasy,
Liquefy my heart again,
Heat my blood so I can feel human.

Please, slow your heart,
It pounds so hard,
My feet are weak,
I feel you... when... I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment