Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Winter's Bones

Winter's bone,
Frozen lips,
Snow on my tongue,
Pale fingertips.
Shivers down my spine,
Speaking to my bones,
Sparkling diamonds beneath my feet,
Icicles on your throne.
Evergreen needles,
Plummet downwind,
We seek time that we've lost,
We mourn the time that we've spent.
Trees turn bare, weighed down,
Unnatural feathers, we speak to the wind,
We press cold lips together,
And blow kisses that will mend.
Numb fingers searching,
Fumbling and pink,
Hopes grow high,
Our fear will shrink.
We're alive and I feel it now,
We're standing in the clouds,
A glimpse of a heart,
And it feeds us somehow.
Just say I thank you,
And I'll say forever,
I love you more,
Cold lips together.

No comments:

Post a Comment