Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Honest Lullaby

Selfish tendencies, prophetic greed/
I struggle for air in the mistake that we breathe.
I spread wings bright and iridescent/
Beautiful stranger, beautiful you, my time well spent.
Heavy writing sloppy in ink/
The gold in our chains, the silver link.
I should stay away from you/
I know that I won't.
I should keep you and need you/
You know that I don't.
Your own wings curve in and align with the stars/
You're sensational and you shine just the way that you are.
I breathe clearer now, the mistakes are all gone/
They're far behind, waiting to be stepped on.
I spread my wings bright and iridescent/
Beautiful stranger, beautiful you, you are holy heaven sent.

I should hold your hand forever/
I wish that I could.
But all of the wishing and dreaming/
Would be of no good.
I should keep you and need you/
We both know that I do.
I am nothing, no nothing/
If not for you.
Oh angel, sweet angel of mine/
Fly me to the moon and back by noon's tide.
Fly me to the center of all that I need/
Keep me a world's away from lonely human greed.
Beautiful stranger wild-eyed and wanting/
Marvelous you brave soul and hunting.

Please, keep my heart inside of my chest/
And show me how it feels to really truly rest.
Lay my head down on a pillow of cloud/
Watch my hair sprawl, keep me from the taunting and loud.
Hold me in your arms all through the night/
Whisper in my ear it will all be alright.
Lie to me if you must/
Just look me in the eye.
Sing softly in the dark/
An honest lullaby.
Don't cry...

Beautiful stranger keep me at best/
Beautiful stranger you can have all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment