Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Monday, September 23, 2013

Love Me

Love me for what I am
Kiss me for what I'm  not
Touch me for what comes natural
Don't hate me for what I've bought.
Flowers ring around my head
Pink is frosted on my cheeks
Deep inside my heart beats red
Poison from my lips it leaks.
Say who I am from what you see
Think of who I am inside
Closed off like an abandoned door
All I ever do is hide.
Say who I am from what you suspect
A whore, a bitch, a little bit of nonsense
Escaped through your lips into frosty air
I kiss the moon through the eyes of a lens.
You can think what you say
But only if you can touch my soul
Will you light any path
Or see me as whole?
Envy me for my heart
Please not for my face
Kill me soft like velvet
Grace me with lace.
Love me for what I am
Kiss me for what I've done
The past a thin dark curtain
And a ghost we can never outrun.

See me only when you know me. Know who I am before you judge me. Love me for what I do, where I shine, my heart and my soul. Love me for what and who I love. Love me for simply loving you. Touch my heart, my mind, speak to me through riddles of intelligence. Love me for me now, not who I was, what I believed, who I ran from, or what I've done. The past is a thin curtain but a curtain it is to separate reality from fiction, lies from truth, and darkness from light. The past and present may never mingle. The future is still far ahead. See me for now. See me in a most beautiful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment