Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, January 11, 2013

Red Sign

Here is a fresh song that I'm actually still working on. Just the lyrics. It's incomplete and still needs work, but I thought I'd share it anyway. Maybe next time you hear of it I will be singing it:)

Red Sign

Laughing about nothing and everything,
Ringing in my ears just the same.
Another moment, another fall.
Another risk to lose it all.
Pretending to be sound asleep,
Oh, just lay here beside me and dream.
And life stands still for just a while,
For just my need to see your smile.

It's the clarity of the time,
It's the lights that pass us by,
It's a picture in my locket,
It's a red sign but we can't stop it.
A red sign and we won't stop.

A two man show is better than one,
At least that's what they say.
I recall the starlight burning on,
Then I watched us fade away.
Another moment, empty page,
And dust settles every year.
We'll live and die with the choices we've made.
Every one that brought us here.

Human emotion,
Darling what a commotion.
We make messes we can't clean up now.
It's scattered ashes,
And used up matches,
Scrambling for a life we can't get back...somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment