Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Friday, January 9, 2015

Simply, You.

You take my defenses and shatter them to pieces. You break me every single day, sift through the scarred, marred parts, and then rebuild me into something more beautiful and significant. Into something better that I can be loved and remembered for. You crush the weakness and strengthen my bones. You warm my blood and set my heart on fire. You are everything that I am not. You are everything adore. You are everything that I love to breathe in. And I inhale and focus on the blissful awareness that permeates my every being.

I remember no pain. I can bring what I think it felt like to the front of my mind. I remember the effects but I don't remember the cause. I remember the tears, but I don't recall the sadness. It's nothing that is relevant to my life now. I was once a scared girl and I remember that well. And that's why now I am brave. And it's all because of you. You're simple undeniable presence. You're irrevocable love. You accept everything that I am. Every piece that was in shambles, every shadow or darkness that had drowned out the light. You've loved through it all. Ever scar you have seen as beautiful.

This is my promise to you. To love you. Unconditionally.
To accept you. Undoubtedly.
To see you. And everything that you are. And in every color that you shine.
To relish you. Timidly.
To be in deep gratitude. Of you simplicity.
And to die for you. Without regret. Happily.

You have not saved me. And I have not saved you. But, in other terms, we saved each other. We beat the bitter cold, the relentless waves, and overwhelming loneliness. And in that loneliness and in all that was unholy we found the beauty in what "us" can really mean.

And I won't dare say that I regret my past. That I would take back all that I have weathered and chanced. That I would have rather tip-toed than jumped. That has never been me or the way that I operate. I won't dare say any of this, because I simply don't regret it at all. In fact, I would do it all over again for however long with a knowing smile every step of the way, just knowing without a doubt that in the end my reward for all of my heartbreak and fear and troubles and blood was you. Simply, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment