Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dreamcatcher

So it's been day 5 stuck in the house because of the snow. We kind of live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees, so there are really no plows that make it this way. We had 14 inches the other day and another 5 last night. The driveway is long...I mean like...really long, but despite all that my husband had decided the best bet is to try to shovel the snow out of the drive:)
He worked all day yesterday outside shoveling. The irony? It dumps another 5 inches last night. HA! Now he is silently lying on the bed giong crazy! I can't help but laugh at him though. So with all that being said, because of it being day 5 in the house, I have been doing a lot of reading and a lot of writing. Here is something new just for fun from Iris' view. Enjoy!

~Dreamcatcher~
Desperation, fighting air,
Pleading, deapening, empty there.
Hands fumble and find your face,
Reaching, endless into space.
Ice cold frost on your lips,
I shudder deep, involuntary twist.
Ally dark, deep, never knowing,
Puddle warm, red, and ever flowing.
Adrenaline unleashed, hysteria raised,
Foggy, unclear, like a tripped up maze.
Hair entangled, my shirt is wet,
The future is mangled,
By an imaginary bet.
Indecipherable, my memory can't understand,
It should serve me correctly,
for my unfair hand.
It's like a puzzle,
That was never meant to be finished,
Your hope is half hearted,
Then is fully diminished.
Moonbeam streams through my fingertips,
and then glimmers in your hair,
Mist floating on your pale skin,
Fresh, bare.
Flashes of a rope swinging from a tree,
Flashes of a rope beckoning me.
Exposed and raw,
New moments with you,
My hands fumble again,
With everything that you do.
Blonde hair, blue eyes,
Blonde hair, green,
A Rose smelling sweet,
And as untamed as me.
Awaking my eyes,
Igniting the spark,
With embers and fire,
In a dreamcatchers heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment