Add Me On Goodreads!

Awakening Iris (The Dreamcatchers Saga #1)

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Set This World On Fire

The  sun rose high today,
It did good to melt my fears away.
The black will fade to gray,
And the walls I built will crumble with age.

Help me build again.
And don't forget to take my hand.

My doubts had gathered high,
Until my hope went higher.
My courage will come with time,
It will turn my fear to fighter.
It will burn my tears,
And set this world on fire.

My feet did stand at one time,
Now they trip over every step.
My voice I heard will fall in line,
My name they will not forget.
Set the shackles and the chains.
The rainbow only comes with rain,
And faith only comes from pain.

Take my freedom.
Take my freedom.
Burn my home.
Just know my spirit,
Know my spirit,
You could never, never own.

No comments:

Post a Comment